Friday, March 10, 2023

Mar. 6 - 10, 2023

Hello, Grade 1 Families, 

What an assembly!! I am bursting with pride for each and every child in our class. Our students have learned and grown so much since the beginning of the year and I am so thrilled they were able to share this learning with our school community and with so many families. 

Learning Intention: I can identify and describe examples of plant changes that occur on a seasonal basis. I can create an original composition based on what I see around me. I can use different techniques, which have an emphasis on exploring, to create a piece of art. I can respond to my artwork and the artwork of my peers. 

During our science and art lessons this past week, we have been discussing trees and how they change during the seasons. We have drawn a tree in each season and compared them. We created a piece of art from this learning by working with different techniques and media forms such as watercolour pencil crayons, markers, oil pastels and charcoal. Once our art was completed, we shared what we noticed, what we wondered and what made each piece special and unique. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

June 19 - 23, 2023

Hello, Grade 1 Families,  Learning Outcome: I can appreciate multiple points of view, languages, cultures and experiences within groups and ...